With 7 years experience of website creation, development and training, I have gained detailed knowledge of designing and delivering websites that contain a range of functionalities as well as different styles and structures. I have worked with a number of local and national clients from a diverse range of businesses and industry backgrounds.
When I build a new website, I believe that website usability is of utmost importance – in other words – the ability for your site visitors to quickly and easily find the information they need from your site. From being sure that they have arrived in the right place, to being able to easily contact you or visit your premises, I will help you design an attractive and engaging site that your customers and clients enjoy visiting.
Using mainly WordPress, I can create a new website for your business or enhance your existing site to ensure it fully meets your current and future needs. With further experience of working with Joomla!, Drupal and other content management systems, I focus on usability, well written content and great graphics, developing easy-to-navigate and user-friendly websites that will support your company as it grows.
To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.
How I can help you create a new website:
Before starting my own communications advice and website design business, I worked for a global professional services organisation for 13 years. During that time I held various roles, but was notably responsible for:
- managing IT projects, with a focus on planning and executing project communications (telling people what was happening and when);
- developing content management strategy for extensive online documentation including technical instructions and methodologies (deciding where information should be put and why);
- improving site usability (making sure that a site is easy to use and works well);
- implementing usage reporting (measuring aspects of a site to see if people are looking at it);
- determining detailed content review processes (making sure website content is well written, accurate and removed when no longer required!).
The more elaborate our means of communication, the less we communicate.